Roland V-160HD Overview
Simultaneously input, output, and live stream high-definition video broadcasts with this V-160HD SDI/HDMI Streaming Video Switcher from Roland. This multi-format hybrid video switcher allows you to input up to eight HDMI video sources and eight 3G-SDI video sources, switch them, add effects, and output them consistently to displays, projectors, recording units, and now via USB Type-C for live streaming applications.
The HDMI and 3G-SDI inputs can accept up to 1080p60 resolution feeds from numerous sources such as media players, computers, or professional video cameras, and they all support frame rate converters. Four of the HDMI inputs utilize real-time internal scaling hardware, which separately scale and/or convert videos of varied resolutions into the selected output resolution, ensuring output consistency between sources. It features a total of seven outputs comprised of SDI, HDMI, and USB Type-C for streaming, as well as Bluetooth for control for using an iPad, macOS, or Windows device.
The V-160HD features an eight-layer video effects engine, four PiP (picture-in-picture) outputs, channels for up to 16 still images, and two downstream keyers supporting numerous effects such as cut, mix, wipe, chroma key, luma key, flip, fade, and more. You can store up to 16 .jpg, .bmp, and .png files up to 1920 x 1080 resolution into internal memory to add images to your effects. It supports live production automation, macros, presets, and cue management to make broadcasting and planning your live show easier. You can also control up to 16 PTZ cameras from numerous brands using IP or RS-232 serial, consolidating all control in the V-160HD, and it also supports GPIO, wired, and wireless tally.
The V-160HD features a 40-channel audio mixer and up to 24-bit, 48 kHz PCM audio with an effects library that provides gain, de-esser, noise reduction, and more. It also features left/right analog RCA inputs and outputs, stereo 3-pin XLR inputs and outputs, and 1/4" BOSS pedal support.
- Portable hybrid event switcher with comprehensive features and connectivity
- Eight 3G-SDI inputs with frame rate converters
- Eight 1080p HDMI inputs with frame rate converters, including four with real-time scalers
- Seven total outputs across SDI, HDMI, and USB Type-C streaming
- 40-channel digital audio mixer with effects and processing
- Eight-layer video effects engine
- Powerful live production automation with sequencing, macros, and preset memories
- PTZ control with support for multiple brands and mixed protocols running at once
- Extensive device control with Bluetooth, USB, RS-232, and LAN
- Remote control software available for iPad, macOS, and Windows
- Wireless and wired camera tally support
- Transition: Cut, mix (dissolve/FAM/NAM), wipe (8 types), split (2 types)
- Composition: Four PiP (square, circle, diamond), four keyer (luminance key, chroma key), two DSK (luminance key, chroma key, alpha key, external key)
- Others: Flip horizontal, flip vertical, still image capture, still image playback, output fade (audio, video: white or black), test pattern output
Auto mixing, delay, reverb, high-pass filter, echo canceller, anti-feedback, noise gate, de-esser, compressor, equalizer, voice changer, multiband compressor, limiter, test tone output
- Preset memory (30 types)
- Macro control (100 types)
- Sequencer control
- Panel lock function
- EDID emulator
- Auto switching
- Auto input detect
- Smart tally
- Remote camera control
- Rec control